Saturday, May 7, 2011

National Scrapbooking Day with Skipping Stones Designs

Happy National Scrapbooking Day, Skipping Stones Design style!!   Today I'm joining the Skipping Stones Design team with a blog hop of past and current designers. 

If you just happened to stubble upon my blog today, your smack dab in the middle of this hop so be sure to start back at the beginning so you don't miss any fabulous eye candy!

If you just arrived from Angela's  blog, then you are right place!!  Hop along and see all the fabulous Scrapbook pages  made with Skipping Stones Design stamps!!!    Lots of gorgeous creations to be seen!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Skipping Stones Designs (Healing Wings)
Butterfly Diecut: Kreaxions Just Imagine 
Pattern Paper: My Little Shoebox
Coloring Mediums: Derwent Inktense pencils, Tattered Angels, White Sharpie, Gesso
other: tissue paper, buttons, yarn

I used Healing Wings to create a background paper for my layout. I stamped the images in Archival ink and then colored the butterflies in with Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils. Next I painted a coat of white Gesso over it to soften the butterfly images. Last I sprayed some Tattered Angels over the paper. Here is a closeup of the butterfly paper...


I created the tissue paper butterfly by diecutting four butterflies from tissue paper using Kreaxions Butterfly Die. I stitched them together in the center and hid the stitching with butterflies. I snipped off the antenna and added yarn behind the butterfly for antenna. 

Leave a comment on each blog (some are giving away prizes) and when you have finished, go back to the beginning at Skipping Stones Design and leave a comment, telling us what you thought of the hop.  One lucky commenter will be chosen Wednesday, May 11th to win the Skipping Stones Design may release stamp set!!!

Keep hopping along, run off too Brenda's blog!!

Happy Hopping!!


Ashley Cannon Newell...http://ashleynewell.com/blog/
Sarah Martina Parker...http://sarahmartina.com/blog
Wendy Price...http://paperinkandsmiles.blogspot.com/ <-----Thats ME! :)
Sammye Jo Singer...http://62cards.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is amazing, the background paper you have created is just stunning!!

Barb Turpin said...

Wow, this paper is gorgeous! I must say I'm a little afraid of mist, guess I need to play with it a bit...excellent job on the layout!

Brenda Weaver said...

love the dreamy look of the butterflies! Great page!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful background.

Karen B. said...

Oh goodness, those butterflies are amazing. They make a really great background.

Stampin' Meg said...

Gorgeous background ,Wendy!

Jan Garber said...

Ohhhh, those colors go so perfectly with the photo! And your inking/misting is amazing! Gotta try that!

Crafty Math Chick said...

SO pretty! I love all the butterflies and have been wanting to try Derwent Inktense pencils for the longest time, you make them look good!

Michelle said...

what a fun layout, love those colors too! Just look at those pretty butterflies too! Awesome layout page, summer is so close thanks for added inspiration!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love those butterflies! Happy NSD :)

Lindsey said...

I love how your butterfly background turned out! So so pretty!

craftymom205 said...

Love your background

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Beautiful job!! The background is stunning!:)

skippy stamps said...

WOW!! Stunning background!!! Great layout!!! SO glad you could join us!!!

Heather said...

Wow, I can't believe you made the background paper!! I looks just like it could have been a purchased paper. Beautiful!!

Lillian Child said...

Simply delightful creativity!

Wendy said...

Oh Wendy....WOW!! What a fabulous way to use SSD stamps. I love it. I have some gesso, I will need to read up on some of the fabulous techniques you use. THANK YOU so much for taking the extra time to join our blog hop. I hope you are enjoying your Mother's Day weekend and not spending it in front of your Stampendous filled desk!!!
PS~If I had gotten my box, that is here I would be!!!

Anonymous said...

The background is lovely - very ethereal.
carol c

Creative Mayhem said...

You did a beautiful job with the background paper. Love how the gesso softened everything and how you used the glimmer mist!

Darline said...

wow! the background paper is amazing! Really, PRETTY! Thank you for sharing the beautiful layout!

Linda Beeson said...

I want to make a butterfly accent like that! NICE and the buttons give such a romantic accent.

Karey said...

Looks complicated.

Rochelle said...

The butterflies are great! Just lovely!

Chrisd said...

I love the paper design you created for your memory page with those cuties.