Good morning! Its my turn to share a project on the Kreaxions Just Imagine blog. Here is my take on their May Sketch. Have you had a chance to check out this months challenges? The requirements are to use either the card or layout sketch, use butterflies on your project, and have a mothers day/mom/grandmother theme. I couldn't find any photos that would work for the theme so instead I scrapped these photos of my boys on Mothers Day. That counts, right? ;)
Instructions for Stenciled Background Paper:
- Diecut Butterfly from scrap paper to create your stencil. Be sure to select paper that will be strong enough to hold up to multiple inkings.
- Using a blending tool and your stencil, rub Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Scrattered Straw, Mustard Seed, and Spiced Marmalade) onto the cardstock.
- Be sure to have some butterflies going off the page and some overlapping each other.
Here is a closeup of the butterfly stenciled on the entire piece. I used Punch 303 to create the fancy border under the title.
I used one of For the Luv Of Arts NSD challenges as inspiration for this layout. The challenge called for:
- fussy cutting with pattern paper
- use the words Mom, Dad, Son or Family in your layout
- and butterflies as a form of embellishment