Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing a project that I created for the Kreaxions Just Imagine blog.
Recently when I was playing with the Kreaxions Butterfly #604 punch and had a stack of them on my desk it triggered my memory of a pin I made many years ago when I was in elementary school. I decided to try the technique again but use it for push pins. This is really a fun and easy craft that would be perfect for the kids over summer vacation!
Kreaxions butterfly punch (#604)
Stampendous Happy Messages Set (SSC109)
Echo Park pattern paper
Stampendous Deep Impression embossing powder
1. To begin with punch approximately 8-10 images from cardstock with your favorite punch.
2. Color one of the layers with your favorite coloring medium.
3. Using Mod Podge, glue all the layers together with the colored layer on the top. (You could subtitute Elmers glue or any white glue for the Mod Podge)
4. To give it some extra protection, coat punched piece with Versamark and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Another option would be to coat with Glossy Accents or Gloss Mod Podge.
5. The last step is to adhere a flat tack to the back of the punched piece.
I added the pushpins to my card with a thick piece of cork. Just to give it a bit more depth (and protect the recipient's hands) I added a piece of cardboard behind the cork.