Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Skipping stone designs SSD111

Hi everyone! Welcome back for another Skipping Stones Designs Sketch Challenge! As soon as saw this weeks sketch I couldn't wait to try creating a scrapbook layout with it!



Supplies used: Skipping Stones Designs (Grunge & Healing Wings), Reminisce pattern paper, Stampendous glitter, Copics Memento ink, Versamark, Canvas Corp tags and pattern paper, Pink paislee alphabet stickers


I embossed the wood grain image in the Canvas Corp tags in white embossing powder. I LOVE this wood grain image. It adds the perfect bit of subtle detail to any project.

The butterflies were stamped in memento ink and then colored with comics. To give them some shimmer I applied adhesive to the entire image and covered them in crystal glitter. To create the antenna I simply adhered a folded piece if black thread to the backs of them.

Notice the flecks of blue on the photos? If you're friends with me on Facebook, you may remember me posting about a cleaning mishap. I sprayed my cutting mat with all purpose cleaner and accidently oversprayed everything beyond the mat...like my photos. Ooops! Wegmans Cleaner with Bleach actually has bleach in it, lol! It left bleach speckle marks on everything it hit. I reprinted the photos and continued on with the layout I was working on at the time, but couldn't bring myself to throw away the ruined photos. And I'm glad I didn't! They actually look kinda cool on this layout! 


Check out the gorgeous creations that the Skipping Stones Design team and guest have come up with...


SALE ALERT: PMS(Purchase More Stamps) sale starting Sunday the 15th…..going through Sunday the 22nd at midnight at Skipping Stones Designs. The more you buy the more you save.

  • Buy 1 set and save 5% Enter PMS1 at checkout
  • Buy 2 sets and save 10% Enter PMS2 at checkout
  • Buy 3 sets and save 15% Enter PMS3 at checkout
  • Buy 4 sets and save 20% Enter PMS4 at checkout
  • Buy 5 sets and save 25% Enter PMS5 at checkout
  • Buy 6 sets OR MORE and SAVE 30% on every set you buy-no limit!!!

Enter PMS6 at checkout


I'm entering this in the following challenges:
Thanks for stopping by!  
Wendy P

10 comments:

Wendy said...

This is beautiful Wendy and the Harry Potter costume is to die for!! Just darling!!

Katie Gehring said...

Your little one is so cute in those goggles! Awesome layout and great idea to turn the sketch into a scrapbook page!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a cutie! Love the way you placed the text on the circle... very nice design!

Liz's creative corner said...

Fab layout and pictures, thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Play, hugs Liz xx

Karen B. said...

So super amazed at this layout! Love it.

Joy said...

Stunning layout, love, love, love, thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jingle said...

Wendy, this is fantastic!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So very pretty! I love how you created a scrapbook layout! Lovely!

hugs,
Jo:)

Sarah said...

Great funky colours, a really great photo and wonderful butterflies! Thanks so much for joining in with the challenge at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Sarah.

Unknown said...

Those butterflies are glorious! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show ... we hope to see you again soon.