Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Skipping Stones Designs SSD121

Welcome back for another Skipping Stones Design Tuesday Sketch! This is the last one of the month and its time to say good bye to our fabulous guest designers and also a huge thanks to our sponsor ScorBuddy! 

supplies used: Skipping Stones Beautiful Botanicals, ScorBuddy, ColorBox Beach Ball Petal Point, embroidery floss


I stamped the image in Citrine and Razzleberry Colorbox Pigment inks. Next I smushed a bit of Surf Colorbox pigment ink onto a craft mat and added a spritz of water and GingerAle Smooch to dilute it. Using a blending tool, I picked up some of the watered down ink and added it to paper, leaving the center lighter/untouched. 

To mimic the boxes in the sketch, I added a row of vertical score marks. Using the ScorBuddy, I scored every 1/4 inch vertically and then horizontally twice on the top and once on the bottom. To finish it off I added embroidery floss between the top lines. 

I'm entering this in the following challenges:


12 comments:

Annette Allen said...

just gorgeous...I love the water color effect...

Unknown said...

beautiful card!! Love the water colors!! I wish I could stamp like this!

~amy~ said...

love that gorgeous diecut...looks fab.

Michele said...

simple and beautiful! thank you for joining our "anything goes" challenge at the cheerful stamp pad! xo

Barb Turpin said...

Yup, beautiful is the right word!

Marlena M. said...

This is so pretty! Awesome scoring.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful effect Wendy. I love it. I love the soft, muted stamping. I hope you're having a good week.

Wendy said...

This is a beautiful effect Wendy. I love it. I love the soft, muted stamping. I hope you're having a good week.

Katie Gehring said...

This is really lovely. I simply adore the watercolor effect you achieved!

Karen B. said...

Wow, this is really beautiful and so soft.

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

THis is such a simple, but beautiful card! Love it.
Thanks for joining the "Anything Goes" Challenge at the Cheerful Stamp Pad!

Cindy

DT Member

Vicki Romaine said...

A very simple, but elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.