Tuesday, June 25, 2013

This Is My Life- There She Goes Release Week

Torico has designed a set that will be useful to card makers, scrapbookers, and multi-media artists alike. This Is My Life helps you tell your story, your way. Super cute images, fonts, and the number of sentiments and their possibilities are endless. 


I couldn't find a plain, larger brad in my stash, so I pulled out an old metal All Around the Block brad and decided to customize it. The brad had flowers debossed the metal. Holding it with plyers, I heated the metal front to the brad and dipped it in white embossing power. Heat it again so the embossing powder melts and repeat. After two coats the flower design was hidden and I had a nice white surface to stamp on. 


I'm entering this in the PlayDate Cafe color Challenge for this week. 

This is My Life is a 4x6 set that includes a total of 21 stamps and will sell for $15.00. Would you like to win the new This Is My Life stamp set? Here is what you need to do-visit the Trendsetter’s blogs that are participating in each of the blog hop challenges below and comment on their creations as you go. One of the Trendsetter’s blogs (from each hop day) will be randomly chosen as the ‘it’ blog and a winner will be picked using a random number generator from the comments left on that Trendsetter’s Blog Hop Challenge post. You will not know which blog has been chosen so the more you comment on the better your chances are of winning new stamps! The Blog Hop Challenges will be open until 5 PM Eastern Time Saturday, June 29th with the winner being announced during the release party chat.

36 comments:

Stephanie said...

So cute...

Lisa H. said...

ohmygosh!!! I think this is my FAVE!!! love how you used all those sentiments to make your own background.

Indy's Designs said...

Super Cute!

elizabeth said...

Love this idea of using the words to create an all over pattern. Very cute.

Sabrina said...

Super fabulous idea!!!

Mette said...

Oh - I love the fact that you have made your own designer paper, it's lovely :). Great, simple card but so effective.

Hugs, Mette

Sharla said...

Ok. This, I LOVE!!! love the brad, and the fun colors and all the sentiments!!

Jingle said...

I LOVE this! So totally fun and great colors!

Mary-Anne V said...

Love how you repeatedly stamped the sentiments and the cute button accent.

Amy Martin said...

Way cute idea. this is super cute and fun. I love the orange bow...it's such a Great addition.

Sarah Gough said...

love the pattern your created, so cool!

Kris B said...

Love this card! Great background and the way you altered the brad is fantastic! TFS

PapierGirl said...

love...love...love! The background stamping is genious!

Guild Master Crystal said...

Awesome card! Love that you made the background with sentiments and customized the brad to match it perfectly!!!

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Fantastic card. Love the big orange bow.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Fantastic! Love how you made the background! Super cute!

StampinLouie said...

Perfect to make your own pattern paper.

Cathy said...

Love your background stamping. So perfectly done. fabulous stamp set.

Lisa Lynn said...

Your card is adorable.

Anita said...

I love how you used so many stamps.

Lisa F said...

Love your card - your personalized brad is CUTE!

Carmen said...

Very Unique. Love that you personalized that brad! Perfect.

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card - I love how you randomly stamped the sentiments - awesome!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Cute card.

Kathy Martin said...

Cute card.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

super cute!!

Sue D said...

Cute brad and bow and I like the patterned paper you created.

stampingbowd said...

This is really a fun card! Love the bright ribbon and the gorgeous focal point!

loulou said...

Fantastic design! I love how you have used these cute sentiments

Rachel said...

WOW this is one amazing card. i am in AWE of how your transformed that brad. how cool is that?! Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Cute stamps and your card is perfect for this week's color story! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Janis said...

How fun to get to color all those words!!! Nice card!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love how you used the images to create a background!

PamSpradlin said...

Absolutely perfection...I love how you used the sentiments to make a background. I love how you colored them and I especially like that orange bow bring out all the colors. And I learned another new technique on how to stamp on a brad to change it. Thank you for all the inspiration.

Rosy Newlun said...

What a great and creative idea doing this to your brad! It's perfect and the card is so bright and cheerful!!!

Joan V said...

Oh my, how creative to make the background paper with all the words. I love it. Thanks for sharing.