Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap Inspiration Week...

Quick Quotes and Want2Scrap are teaming up to bring you lots of fabulous projects! 


I was excited to open up my package and see that I would be working with the Corrugated Waterfall Album! I love the corrugated album, but I wanted to see if I could mix it up a bit. As I was laying out my pages, I realized that if I flipped two of the pages, it would work as a gated album. All that I had to do was punch holes on the back panel on the opposite side. I lined it up with one of the other pages and marked  where to punch the holes. 


I covered the cover with Quick Quotes pattern paper and added a bit of stamping with Powder Puff inks. I added one of the Want2Scrap Rhinestone Flourishes and a few handmade flowers. A chipboard Want2Scrap "Family" embellishment completed the cover.


Here's a closeup of the front cover...


I covered the untextured side of the pages with Quick Quotes pattern papers.

I spread gesso randomly on the corrugated side. When it was dry, I dabbed Powder Puff ink on the gesso and spread it with a damp paint brush. 




For the back cover, I painted a canvas with white paint. After it dried, I swiped some Powder Puff inks randomly over the canvas and quickly spread the color with a damp brush. It gives just a faint hint of color to the canvas. I added a bit of stamping to the canvas.


And here is the finished album opened up...




Quick Quotes supplies: 
Dusty Road Collection (200, 400, Chipboard stickers,  6 x 6 papers), •Summer Breeze Collection (300, 500)
•Powder Puff Inks (Plum Crazy, Very Berry, Purple Passion)
•Sentimental Bundle (lined paper)
•Vellum Box Set (Babies, Kids, Family)

Other Supplies:
•Want2Scrap (Waterfall Corregated Album, 7605 Frilly Flourish-Swirl Silver Rhinestones, 7526 Swirl Rhinestones-silver, 2160 Mother of Pearl Rhinestones, 2162 Lavender Pearls)
•Beacon Adhesive
•Hero Arts Script stamp
•Kreaxions punches
•4 x 4 canvas
•gesso/paint

1 comment:

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

I just LOVE how your album turned out. This is amazing. Love what you did to the canvas. Gorgeous work!!