Thursday, November 12, 2015

Holiday

Today I'm sharing a layout I created for Clear Scrap featuring the new chipboard words. I love working with the chipboard! There is SO much you can do to it! For this project, I painted the word with gesso first and then gave it a coat of gold glitter paint. 


For the XL Deco acrylic shape, I sanded the back first. On the front I turned the Stripe Mascil on a  diagonal and added Dreamweavers translucent embossing paste. Its not big enough to cover the shape at once, so after I did part I allowed it to dry over night, positioned the mascil back on the remaining acrylic shape and added the embossing paste to the rest of the acrylic. This is one of my favorite Mascils! Not only can you create stripes with it, but you could spin it 90° after stenciling, add another color and create a plaid effect. 


The scallop piece under the title was cut off from the Sassy Mixable Album. I cut if off years ago because I needed the other part of the page for a project. This piece has been sitting in my stash waiting for just the right project. I sanded both sides of the acrylic to give it a frosted effect. 

Supplies Used:
Clear Scrap (XL Deco Shape, Holiday Chipboard Word, Stripe MascilSassy Mixable Album)
Stampendous Dreamweavers Translucent Embossing Paste
Beacon Adhesive

No comments: