Tuesday, March 24, 2009

flowers and blog candy...

Before I share my card for today, I have to let you know about the awesome blog candy that my fellow Papercraft Planet Super Nova, Jen Tapler, is offering to celebrate her Blogoverary. There's over $250 worth of blog candy up for grabs to one lucky winner!!! How can you participate? Its simple... create a new card, post a photo of it with a link back to Jen's challenge, and then mail Jen the card. They can be for any occassion (birthday, thank you, sympathy, get well, etc) Jen will be hosting a charity auction in May, kicking off her Annual Stamp Out Alzheimer's Event, where she will be auctioning off decorated Card Organizer tins full of all of the handcrafted cards. The money from those auctions will go directly to the Alzheimer's Association. This is a cause near and dear to Jen's heart as her own father suffers from Alzheimer's. I have started a pile of cards on my desk to send out to Jen. I hope that you will join us in helping with this great cause.

Today's card is another card that I made using the Fun to Be Floral set from Lizzie Anne Designs. I tried to keep the design simple, by stamping the floral design and creating flower tops with them. I stitched in the stems and leaf with embroidery floss.




supplies used:
stamps: Lizzie Anne Designs (Fun to be Floral)

2 comments:

Elena said...

So cute! Love the stitched stems!

Fink said...

What a sweet thing for her to do! I love your card! Cute stems!