Welcome back for our final day of Stampendous Core'dination Week!
Stampendous (Punkin Kitty)
Core-dinations (Black Magic cardstock, Sanding Kit)
Tsukineko (Memento Ink)
*sentiment done on computer
I was really wishing I had a spider web embossing folder to use on my card. I'm on a tight craft budget, so if its a seasonal tool that I can't use all the time, you won't find it in my craftroom. I pulled out my Scor-Buddy and decided to create my own spiderweb.
1. You will need a ruler or some clear straightedge to use as a guide. I found I had a difficult time, running my tool along the channels, when going on a diagonal unless I had a guide. I had a scrap of ClearScraps acrylic laying around from my last card and knew it would work perfectly. To make it easier to see on camera, I've inked the edge of the acrylic with a marker.
2. Begin at a corner and score diagonal lines on the back of the Core-dinations cardstock. Hold the acrylic guide down with one hand, position it so it lines up at a set channel, and move your paper for each line.
3. Once your main diagonal lines are done, its time to move on to the connecting webs. I kept the spacing a bit wonky so it looks more natural.
4. I penciled in lines, just so you can see my embossed lines. You do NOT need to pencil in lines, unless you find it easier to have a sketch to emboss.
5. When your web is done, flip it over and sand. At this point, you could still go back and add more embossed lines in if you wanted more to your web.
What do you think? Pretty cool, huh?
Are you ready to see what the other designers have crafted up for you today? Be sure to leave some love on everyone's blog for a chance to win prizes and goodies!